What’s Your Life Stage?
In addition to the common challenges facing most women, there are other issues you may encounter based on your particular stage in life. Below is a summary of various life stages, common financial challenges you may experience during that time, and some of the opportunities available to help you overcome those challenges. Your financial professional can help you to review your current situation―as well as what may be on the horizon―and tailor your financial strategy accordingly.
Life Stage: Recently divorced or widowed
Snapshot: “I have recently taken control of my own finances after depending fully or in part on someone else to do so.”
- Unorganized important personal and financial documents.
- Day-to-day and long-term expense management.
- Meeting long-term financial goals without assistance.
- Organize personal and financial documents.
- Analyze current financial situation.
- Develop a plan to meet short and long-term financial goals.
- Assess corporate retirement plan participation, if applicable.
- If applicable, consider any estate planning and education needs associated with being a single parent.
When it comes to your financial future, one of the most important decisions you can make is to seek the guidance of a financial professional. A financial professional is trained to help you select investments that are suited to your specific life stage. To learn more, call 800-MAINSTAY (624-6782).
1. An automatic investment plan can neither guarantee a profit nor protect against a loss.