If you are a customer of the New York Life Investments Companies, and you access your account information through our customer service websites, we will handle that information in accordance with our Customer Privacy Notice.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section.
- INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
- INFORMATION SHARING
- YOUR CHOICES
- OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY FEATURES
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW TO CONTACT US
When you visit the Sites, we may obtain personal information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information you provide, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Information you submit in connection with requesting a quote or completing an electronic application on the Sites, including contact information, Social Security Number, date of birth, gender, medical and health information, and information about your chosen beneficiaries. If you become a policyholder, this information will be handled in accordance with our Customer Privacy Notice;
- Information you provide to create your online customer service account or producer account, and other account-related information (such as username and password, PIN, security questions and answers, Social Security number, date of birth and Policy Number). We will handle the personal information in your online customer service account in accordance with our Customer Privacy Notice;
- Information you submit in connection with electronic payments, such as bank account information;
- Information you submit in connection with reporting a claim on the Sites, including Policy Number, contact information, Social Security Number and date of birth of you and the deceased, and cause of death;
- Information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at New York Life, such as contact information, information in your resume, and details about your current employment; and
- Information contained in content you submit, such as through our “Contact” feature or user experience surveys.
When you use the Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, domain name, identifiers associated with your devices, device and operating system type and characteristics, web browser characteristics, language preferences, clickstream data, your interactions with our Sites (such as the web pages you visit, links you click and features you use), the pages that led or referred you to our Sites, dates and times of access to our Sites, and other information about your use of our Sites.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We and our third-party service providers may use beacons in emails to help us track response rates, identify when our emails are accessed or forwarded, and for other purposes listed below.
These technologies help us (1) properly identify your computer and remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, (2) tailor the Sites around your preferences, (3) measure the usability and functionality of the Sites, (4) understand the effectiveness of our communications, (5) generate meaningful usage statistics, such as how many visitors entered the Sites, how they interacted with the Sites and specific pages that were visited, and (6) otherwise manage and enhance the Sites.
You can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please be aware that if you choose to disable cookies or other automated technologies, you may not be able to use all the features of our Sites.
Through our Sites, we may obtain information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites, devices and other online services. On our Sites, we use third-party online analytics services, and the service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as email address, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our Sites, to diagnose technical issues and to serve ads.
Additionally, through our Sites, both we and certain third parties (such as Microsoft Bing) may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. You may see our ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, device identifiers, server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed, and the actions taken on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Sites and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this tracking activity, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Depending on the type of information collected, we may use the information we obtain through the Sites to:
- Personalize your experience on the Sites;
- identify and authenticate you so you may use the Sites;
- create your account;
- process your payments;
- determine your eligibility for our products and services;
- administer our products and services;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- conduct user experience surveys;
- provide you information about our products and services;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes (such as processing job applications);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
We may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
Our Sites may provide links to other online services and websites for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These services, websites, and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Sites against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
New York Life Investments
30 Hudson Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
|New York Life Investment Management LLC||MainStay MacKay Defined Term Municipal Opportunities|
|Ausbil Investment Management Limited||The MainStay Funds|
|Candriam Belgium SA||MainStay Funds Trust|
|Candriam France S.A.S.||MainStay VP Funds Trust|
|Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A.||New York Life Trust Company|
|GoldPoint Partners LLC||NYLIFE Distributors LLC|
|IndexIQ Advisors LLC||NYLIM Service Company LLC|
|MacKay Shields LLC||NYL Investors LLC|
|Madison Capital Funding LLC||Private Advisors LLC|
|MCF Capital Management LLC|