We know that keeping your personal information private is important to you. That's why the York Life Family of Companies* wants you to know how we protect the information you share with us and the measures we take to safeguard your information.
We have built our business on a foundation of integrity, honesty, and trust. These values are reflected in our longstanding commitment to protect your privacy.
On www.newyorklifeannuities.com we strive to provide you with the most comprehensive and dependable source of annuities and financial product information on the web. You can access this information on our various sites with complete anonymity. Whether researching our products and services, using our planning tools, or accessing our educational content, you do not need to provide any personal information. Whenever you do supply personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, it is kept secure and used solely to answer your inquiry, comply with your request, or supply you with information about new products and services to help you meet your needs.
Our Privacy Pledge
To meet our users' insurance and financial needs, we gather and maintain many types of information. To preserve your privacy, we pledge to:
- Collect only the information we need to help us deliver superior products and services;
- Protect against unauthorized access to your information
- Refuse to disclose your health information to third parties for marketing purposes;
- Refuse to sell your information to outside mailing list companies or telemarketers;
- Require companies that service your policy or account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards
- Give you a choice about sharing your information for marketing purposes;
- Maintain up-to-date privacy notices on our web sites;
Our Information Practices
Our policies and procedures protect the privacy of current and former customers.
Types of Information We Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect:
- Information requested on applications and other forms (including name, address, income, and other household information);
- Data about your transactions (such as the products you have purchased and your account status);
- Information from outside sources, such as public records;
- Information gathered on our web sites, such as through online forms, site visit data, and online information-gathering devices ("cookies");
- Information collected from consumer credit reporting agencies;
- Health information collected with your permission when you apply for products like life insurance or long-term care insurance.
Our Online Information Practices
For a more detialed explanation of the policies and procedures we use online to protect the privacy of your information, including the types of information we may colect online and how we use that information, please click here.
We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when requested by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fruad, or to comply with an inquiry by a government agency.
How We Use Your Information
New York Life may share the information we collect about you as allowed by law, including for normal business administration and related business services. The information may be shared:
- Within the New York Life Family; and
- With non-affiliates, such as banks or service providers that help us process transactions or service your accounts. Our service providers may include billing, printing and mail service companies.
- If you are an investment advisory services customer, we may share your information with third parties who help us service your investment and financial planning needs.
We may disclose the information we collect about you when required or permitted by law, such as to:
- Respond to a subpoena;
- Prevent fraud and other crimes;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Respond to a government inquiry.
We will never share your health information with third parties for marketing purposes.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
New York Life respects your privacy choices. You have the option to tell us not to share your information as follows:
- Within the New York Life Family of Companies to let you know about our products and services. The information we share may include household and financial data.
- With non-affiliated companies with which we have joint agreements, such as banks, credit card issuers, and online services, to offer you their products and services. The information we share may include name, address, and information about your transactions with us.
- With your agent and his or her new company if your agent leaves the New York Life Family of Companies. We may share your name, address, and information about your New York Life products so that your agent can continue to service your needs.
If you do not want us to share your information in one or both of the ways described above, please call (800) 695-4331.
The choice you make will apply to all the products you purchased from the New York Life Family of Companies. If one joint owner tells us not to share information, that choice will also apply to the other owner(s). If you have already told us of your choices, there is no need to call again.
We will follow the privacy law in your state if that law is different than the policy described in this notice.
Safeguarding Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. We regularly update and imrove our security standards, procedures, and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information. Access to information gathered on our web site is limited to people who need the information to perform their job responsibilities.
New York Life
P.O. Box 6916
Cleveland, OH 44101
*The New York Life Family of Companies (also referred to as ‘the New York Life Family,” “we,” “our,” or “us” throughout this notice) currently includes the following affiliates and funds:
New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Trust Company
New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation
NYLIFE Distributors LLC
New York Life Enterprises LLC
NYLIFE Insurance Company of Arizona
New York Life Investment Management LLC
NYLIFE Securities LLC
Eagle Strategies LLC
NYLIM Service Company LLC
NYLINK Insurance Agencies Inc.
MainStay Funds Trust
NYL Executive Benefits LLC
MainStay VP Funds Trust
Institutional Capital LLC
Madison Capital Funding LLC
Private Advisors Alternative Strategies Fund
Private Advisors Alternative Strategies Master Fund
The MainStay Funds
Cornerstone Capital Management LLC
Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC
MCF Captial Management LLC
MainStay Defined Term Municipal Opportunities Fund
- What information is collected by NewYorkLifeAnnuities.com and how is it used?
- What privacy rules apply when I visit other web sites?
- How long will NewYorkLifeAnnuities.com maintain information about me?
- What security measures does the site maintain to protect my personal information?
- How does the site protect children's privacy?
- How can international visitors use the site?
- Our commitment to you
What information is collected by NewYorkLifeAnnuities.com and how is it used?
You can use most of our site without submitting any personal information. The online calculators and information about our products and services can all be accessed without providing any personally identifiable information about yourself. When you do choose to provide us with information at the site, we will use it in the following restricted ways:
When You Request to be Contacted
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions that you submit through our "Contact Us" section, you will need to provide us with your contact information. We will use this information only to reply to your submission. When you ask to be contacted by a Wholesaler, Sales Desk Internal Wholesaler, or Service Department Representative, we will identify an appropriate New York Life employee to whom we will relay your request.
Like many web sites, we collect limited anonymous information about our users and their systems. When users come to our site, we collect their IP addresses, browser types, the domain they came from, and their likely country of origin. This anonymous information is aggregated and is not associated with individual users. It is collected to help us analyze usage patterns, improve the site's overall performance, and provide information useful to our users.
What privacy rules apply when I visit other web sites?
Our site provides links to other web sites, including our subsidiaries and affiliates, our business partners, and third party sites containing information that we believe you may find useful. When you visit those sites, you will be operating under their individual privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the respective privacy policies.
How long will NewYorkLifeAnnuities.com maintain information about me or my clients?
We will maintain the information regarding you as long as you are appointed with New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation to sell New York Life Annuities. We will maintain information about policyholders for as long as the policies remain in force and for the legally required time thereafter.
Most browsers recognize when a cookie is offered and allow users to opt-out of receiving them. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please be aware that if you choose to disable cookies, some of the site functionality may not be operational when using that browser.
What security measures does the site maintain to protect my personal information?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personally identifiable information collected online from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All information you supply on the site is encrypted during transmission and then stored on a secure server.
New York Life employees follow a company wide security policy. Only authorized personnel are allowed access to personally identifiable information collected online and these employees have been trained to safeguard the confidentiality of this information.
How does the site protect children's privacy?
Our products and services are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain personal information about anyone 13 years or younger.
How can international visitors use the site?
New York Life sells its products and services throughout the world. Although NewYorkLifeAnnuities.com only addresses products sold to residents of the United States, we welcome visitors from other countries. You can review our products and services, use our calculators, and access articles that may be of interest to you. As a company based in the United States, we operate under United States laws and regulations and information received from international users will be stored and processed in the United States.
Our Commitment to You
When we ask for personal information of any kind, or give you with the opportunity to supply such information, it is solely to improve our ability to meet your needs and respond to your requests. We will continue to do whatever we can to protect your privacy at our site.
1. The New York Life Family of Companies (also referred to as "the New York Life Family," "we," "our," or "us" throughout this notice) currently includes the following affiliates and funds:
New York Life Insurance Company New York Life Trust Company
New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation NYLIFE Distributors LLC
New York Life Enterprises LLC NYLIFE Insurance Company of Arizona
New York Life Investment Management LLC NYLIFE Securities LLC
Eagle Strategies LLC NYLIM Service Company LLC
Eclipse Funds NYLINK Insurance Agencies Inc.
MainStay Funds NYL Executive Benefits LLC
MainStay VP Series Fund, Inc. ICAP Funds, Inc.
McMorgan & Company LLC Institutional Capital LLC
McMorgan Funds Madison Capital Funding LLC
New York Life Retirement Plan Services Madison Square Investors LLC
NYLCAP Manager LLC
Private Advisors, LLC