On newyorklifeannuities.com we strive to provide you with the most comprehensive and dependable source of annuities and financial product information on the web. You can access this information on our various sites with complete anonymity. Whether researching our products and services, using our planning tools, or accessing our educational content, you do not need to provide any personal information. Whenever you do supply personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, it is kept secure and used solely to answer your inquiry, comply with your request, or supply you with information about new products and services to help you meet your needs.
Our Privacy Pledge
To meet our users' insurance and financial needs, we gather and maintain many types of information. To preserve your privacy, we pledge to:
- Collect only the information we need to help us deliver superior products and services;
- Protect against unauthorized access to your information
- Refuse to disclose your health information to third parties for marketing purposes;
- Refuse to sell your information to outside mailing list companies or telemarketers;
- Require companies that service your policy or account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards;
- Give you a choice about sharing your information for marketing purposes; and
- Maintain up-to-date privacy notices on our web sites.
Our Information Practices
Our policies and procedures protect the privacy of current and former customers.
Types of Information We Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect:
- Information requested on applications and other forms (including name, address, income, and other household information);
- Data about your transactions (such as the products you have purchased and your account status);
- Information from outside sources, such as public records;
- Information gathered on our web sites, such as through online forms, site visit data, and online information-gathering devices ("cookies");
- Information collected from consumer credit reporting agencies; and
- Health information collected with your permission when you apply for products like life insurance or long-term care insurance.
Safeguarding Your Information
New York Life maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. Access to customer information is limited to people who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. We regularly update and improve our security standards, procedures and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
Our Online Information Practices
For a more detailed explanation of the policies and procedures we use online to protect the privacy of your information, including the types of information we may collect online and how we use that information, please click here.
How We Use Your Information
New York Life may share the information we collect about you as allowed by law, including for normal business administration and related business services. The information may be shared:
- Within the New York Life Family;
- With non-affiliates, such as banks or service providers that help us process transactions or service your accounts. Our service providers may include billing, printing and mail service companies; and
- If you are an investment advisory services customer, we may share your information with third parties who help us service your investment and financial planning needs.
We may disclose the information we collect about you when required or permitted by law, such as to:
- Respond to a subpoena;
- Prevent fraud and other crimes;
- Comply with legal requirements; and
- Respond to a government inquiry.
We will never share your health information with third parties for marketing purposes.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
New York Life respects your privacy choices. You have the option to tell us not to share your information as follows:
- Within the New York Life Family of Companies to let you know about our products and services. The information we share may include household and financial data.
- With non-affiliated companies with which we have joint agreements, such as banks, credit card issuers, and online services, to offer you their products and services. The information we share may include name, address, and information about your transactions with us.
- If applicable, with your agent and his or her new company if your agent leaves the New York Life Family of Companies. We may share your name, address, and information about your New York Life products so that your agent can continue to service your needs.
If you do not want us to share your information in one or both of the ways described above, please call (800) 762-6212.
The choice you make will apply to all the products you purchased from the New York Life Family of Companies. If one joint owner tells us not to share information, that choice will also apply to the other owner(s). If you have already told us of your choices, there is no need to call again.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to access and seek correction of your information, and we will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. We will follow the privacy law in your state if that law is different than the policy described in this notice.
New York Life
P.O. Box 6916
Cleveland, OH 44101
*The New York Life Family of Companies (also referred to as “the New York Life Family,” “we,” “our ” or “us” throughout this notice) currently includes the following affiliates and funds:
New York Life Insurance Company
MCF Capital Management LLC
NYLife Investment Management LLC
New York Life Enterprises LLC
Ausbil Investment Management Limited
Candriam Belgium SA
Candriam France S.A.S.
Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A.
Credit Value Partners
Eagle Strategies LLC
GoldPoint Partners LLC
MacKay Shields LLC
Madison Capital Funding LLC
MCF Capital Management LLC
MainStay Defined Term Municipal Opportunities
The MainStay Funds
MainStay Funds Trust
MainStay VP Funds Trust
Private Advisors LLC
New York Life Trust Company
NYLIFE Distributors LLC
NYLIFE Insurance Company of Arizona
NYLIFE Securities LLC
NYLIM Service Company LLC
NYLINK Insurance Agencies, Inc.
NYL Investors LLC