We know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. New York Life Retirement Plan Services wants you to know how we protect your privacy and the measures we take to safeguard your information. We have built our business on a foundation of integrity, honesty, and trust. These values are reflected in our longstanding commitment to protect your privacy.
On our web site, we strive to provide you with comprehensive and dependable information about our financial products and services. Whether researching our products and services or accessing our educational content, you need provide no personal information whatsoever. You will, however, need to provide personal information for access to certain features, such as proposal requests and requests for more information. Whenever you do supply personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, it is kept secure and used solely to answer your inquiry, comply with your request, or supply you with information about new products and services to help you meet your needs.
Our Online Privacy Pledge
To meet our users' needs with financial products and services, we depend on certain information. In gathering and maintaining this information, we pledge to:
- Collect only the information we need to provide information about our products and services to you.
- Prevent unauthorized access to your information.
- Require companies that help us service your account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards.
- Maintain up-to-date privacy notices on our site.
Our Information Practices
The following policies and procedures protect the privacy of your online information:
Categories of Information We May Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect the following types of information:
* Data about your online transactions with us (such as the type of products you have purchased and your account status).
* Information gathered on our site through online forms and site visit data collected through the use of information-collecting devices known as "cookies."
Safeguarding Your Online Information
Access to information gathered on our site is limited to personnel who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. We continually update and improve our security standards, procedures, and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
How We Use Your Online Information
We may share your personal information as described below:
* We may share information with non-affiliated companies as allowed by law, such as firms that perform services on our behalf including administering our products. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
* We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a governmental agency.