Is Retirement Plan Login Secure?
Yes. Retirement Plan Login is secure because it encrypts your data with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), the standard for Internet security. SSL scrambles data transmitted from your browser over the Internet, making it virtually impossible for anyone to access your confidential information. There are various levels of encryption from 40-bit to 128-bit, which is one of the highest levels of encryption.
Retirement Plan Login supports all browsers from 40 to 128 bits of encryption. However, for the most secure level, we highly recommend that your browser supports 128-bit encryption. Check below to see if your browser supports this technology.
Browsers that support 128-bit encryption
- Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher for Windows
- Internet Explorer 5.1.6 and higher for Macintosh
If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, you'll need to upgrade your browser by choosing one of the links on the bottom of the previous page that matches the browser you have. As a general rule, before upgrading or installing any new software, be sure to back up any critical files.
For Internet Explorer Users
If you have an older version, you’ll need to upgrade your browser at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.asp
Additional Security Steps to Take
As a New York Life Retirement Plan Services participant, there are additional things you can do to maintain your security:
Back to Top
- Never give out your PIN to anyone. Our Customer Service Representatives will never ask for your PIN.
- Do not store your PIN or other sensitive data on your computer.
- Log out of Retirement Plan Login when you are done using it. For added protection, My Accounts will log out automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.