We know that keeping your personal information private is important to you. That's why we want you to know how we protect the information you share with us. We have built our business on a foundation of integrity, honesty, and trust. These values are reflected in our longstanding commitment to protect your privacy.
On this web site, we strive to provide you with comprehensive and dependable information about our financial products and services. Whether researching our products and services or accessing our educational content, you need provide no personal information whatsoever. You will, however, need to provide personal information for access to certain features, such as secure, online access to your account, personalization features, including watchlists and e-mail alerts, and requests for more information. Whenever you do supply personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, it is kept secure and used solely to answer your inquiry, comply with your request, or supply you with information about new products and services to help you meet your needs.
Our Online Privacy Pledge
To meet our users' needs with financial products and services, we gather and maintain certain types of information. To preserve your privacy, we pledge to:
- Collect only the information we need to provide information about our products and services to you;
- Protect against unauthorized access to your information;
- Refuse to disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes;
- Require companies that help us service your account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards;
- Refuse to sell your information to outside mailing list companies or telemarketers; and
- Maintain up-to-date privacy notices on our site.
Our Information Practices
Our policies and procedures protect the privacy of our online users.
Types of Information We May Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect:
- Data about your online transactions (such as the type of products you purchase and your account status).
- Information gathered from our site, such as through online forms, site visit data, and information collection devices ("cookies").
Safeguarding Your Online Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. Access to information gathered on our site is limited to personnel who need the information to perform their job responsibilities.
How We Use Your Online Information
We may share the information we collect about you as allowed by law, including for normal business administration and related business services. The information may be shared:
- With our affiliates.
- With non-affiliated companies, such as firms that perform services on our behalf including administering our products. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
- With non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, to comply with legal requirements, and to respond to a government inquiry.